The aims of the DIOVS are to promote research targeting
1. Enhanced understanding of cellular and molecular basis of ocular pathologies.
2. Investigations into the pharmacokinetic properties of ophthalmic drugs.
3. Investigations into the cellular and molecular mechanisms of action of ophthalmic drugs.
4. Recognizing new targets of drug action.
5. Development of safe and effective therapeutic approaches for the treatment and prevention of ophthalmic diseases leading to blindness.
6. Development of most suitable ophthalmic formulations for wider community usage