The review process is conducted at three stages:
· Prior to the Workshop: The aims of this stage were to engage the Faculty, prepare members for the workshop and collect information. Questionnaires were used in this process and the Subject and Phase Coordinators helped in this process. These questionnaires were completed after a number of meetings conducted by the Subject and Phase Coordinators and Guided by the Chair of the Annual Curriculum Review (ACR) Committee.
· During the Workshop: The Workshop Program included invited speakers with the aim to engages the Faculty to look into options and focus on the priorities identified. The Workshop Program provided opportunities for group discussion after the morning sessions via Working Groups Sessions. The aim of the Working Group discussions were to further look into these areas, study options, identify actions, recommendations and develop an action plan.
· After the Workshop: This is a continuous process. The aim is to plan, implement and evaluate these recommendations/changes. This component may be delivered at a number of stages rather than on a 6-12 month plan.
· Integration of Years 1 and 2 Working Group.
· Pharmacology Working Group
· Early Clinical Exposure Working Group.
· Students’ Assessment Years 1 and 2 Working Group.
· Students’ Assessment Year 3 Working Group.
· Students’ Assessment Years 4 and 5 Working Group.
· Gynaecology & Obstetrics Working Group.
· Paediatrics Working Group.
· Orthopaedics Working Group.
· Surgery Working Group.
· Molecular Medicine Working Group.
· Students’ Awards Working Group.
· Excellence in Teaching Awards Working Group.
The Working Groups discussions aimed at identifying mechanisms for implementing identified changes, and developing an action plan. The key elements of the discussion include:
· Areas identified
· Justification for the changes.
· Action plan, structure, teams involved, time frame to complete the tasks.
· Expected outcomes.
· Evaluation to be endorsed at different stages of the change (Formative and summative evaluation).
Membership of the ACR Committee - 2008
· Professor Dr Samy A Azer (Chair)
· Dr Effat Binti Omar (Secretary & Administration)
· Dr Nuraliza Binti Abdul Satar (Secretary & Administration)
· Professor Dr Hafil Budianto Abdul Gani
· Professor Dr Mohd Hamim Rajikin
· Professor Dr Syed Hassan Syed Ahmad
· Professor Dr Suneet Sood
· Professor Gururag A. Kodavooru
· A/Professor Dr Hashim Md Tahir
· A/Professor Dr Anshoo Agarwal
· A/Professor Normalina Mansor
· A/Professor Dr Flossie Jayakaran.
· Datin Rosiah Ahmad
· A/Professor Mini Sood
· A/Professor Soe Soe Aye
· Dr Ariza Bint Adnan
· Dr Ambigga Devi a/p s. Krishnapilla
· Dr Mohmed Khairuddin Abdul wahab
The Annual Curriculum Review Workshop -2008:
The Annual Curriculum Review Workshop was conducted in the Faculty of Medicine on the 4th to the 6th of June 2008. Overall the workshop has achieved its objectives with 81 participants. See a copy of the workshop program.
The Executive Report - 2008
The Executive Report has been completed by the Chair of the Committee. The report is covered in over 230 pages and comprises four main components: Part One: Introduction and Curriculum Review Process. Part Two: Comments and Recommendations.Part Three: Reports from the Working Groups.Part Four: The Appendices. To keep the report within a reasonable size, the PowerPoints from the Working Groups are not included in the report. These PowerPoints are available online.